Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 7

I have been moving right along with accessioning with very few issues (not including potentially missing/not sent items).

But before I could get too deeply into that process, I needed to step back and get my inventory files clear and readily understandable to the HRC Art Collection staff and the donor of the collection. Because the collection was sent in 3 different shipments over the course of the last few years there have been multiple people with their hands in it, and the records display this often confusing jumble.  The artists/collector seems to also have different people assisting her with arranging and shipping the materials, so her inventory lists differ in both presentation and details included.  Unravelling this documentation to understand what is in the collection and when it was sent has been a long process for me, and this next week I hope to have inventories finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment