Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 11

While still accessioning and housing art objects, I have begun to place segments into the finding aid template.  There are still many decisions to be made, but it looks like most of my plans and previous data organizing will be usable in the final document.  I hope to have the finding aid draft finished by the end of April, so that it can go through revisions by relevant parties, leaving me with enough time to make corrections before the end of the semester. 
I will also need some of that time at the end of the semester to organize my notes and documents into a collection binder and accession folder, so that they can be consulted in the future by the department.  While I probably should have started that process at the beginning of this project, now that my filing structures are only understandable by me, it makes most sense to wait until the end and organize it all at one time.  Hopefully it won't be too difficult to make sense of!

No comments:

Post a Comment