Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 5

This week I finished spreadsheets covering every item in the collection and made it 3/4ths the way through double checking the details of each item.  Next week I hope to move to organizing the Drawings, Proofs, Prints and Artist's books by medium, chronologically in time, and by their connection to one another so that I can assign accession numbers that are useful and convey a sense of the scope and of the inherent relationships in the collection. 
I will also need to spend time deciphering the organization structure the artist employed.  She numbered the collection in the process of packing and creating records for the works.  Her numbers for the items will be preserved in the final records, but on consultation with the Associate Curator, we decided not to follow her numbering system in the accession numbers.  I also hope to have a list of questions that I still have not answered about the items and her records to write to the artist in the next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment